NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts on our end of year survey. Parent Survey
- The window for Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) for the 2015-16 school year has closed. Applications are no longer being accepted.
- Join us for Spring Walking Club on Friday mornings at 8:15 am.
- Rising Kindergarten Orientation and Hot Dog Dinner will be held on Thursday, May 19th. Dinner and registration is floating between 5:30-6:30 PM. A kindergarten information session followed by an optional tour will begin promptly at 6:45 in our Media Center. Parents and their rising kindergarten student(s) are invited to attend. Please RSVP by contacting the main office at 919-554-8686.
Dress Like a Superhero!
2nd Grade's Wax Museum
Dress like a Superhero
Dr. Seuss Day
Johnny Appleseed Day
Greg Fishel March 27 2014
Celebrating after Case 21
Relaxing and Reading!
2015-16 Kindergarten Registration
Will your child be five years old by August 31, 2015? Is Rolesville Elementary School your base school? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then please stop by our main office and register your child for kindetgarten. Kindergarten registration is held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30am-2:00pm.
Find out more about kindergarten registration by clicking on the link below.
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA)
Single Subject Acceleration is the practice of assigning a student to a higher-grade level than is typical, given the student’s age, for the purpose of providing access to appropriately challenging learning opportunities.
What is the process for Single Subject Acceleration?
- Parents can nominate his/her child to skip a grade level of content in either Language Arts OR Mathematics.
- Nomination forms will be available from your child’s school or through the online site listed below during the specified Nomination Windows.
- Only students who are enrolled and attending WCPSS schools during the Nomination and Testing Windows will be eligible to participate in SSA during the 2015-2016 school year. Schools will offer differentiation as needed for students entering WCPSS after the SSA deadlines.
- Parents may nominate students for this accelerative practice ONLY within our school’s specified nomination window. Our school’s nomination window is April 13-April 24, 2015.
- Testing will ONLY occur during our specified testing window during Spring of 2015. The testing window for our school is May 4-May 8, 2015. Accelerative services will commence at the start of the 2015-2016 school year.
For more information, including dates and locations of regional Parent Informational Sessions, please refer to http://www.wakeacceleration.weebly.com/ or contact our AIG Teacher, Jennifer Barbour (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Project Tomorrow Speak Up
Rolesville Elementary School is partnering with Project Tomorrow SpeakUp, an online survey for teachers, parents, students and community supporters to provide input around learning, and specifically the use of technology in our school. We want to hear from you so we can provide our students wth the best instruction possible. Please take a few moments to complete the survey by clicking on the link below. Students taking the survey will need a password, which is wake 2014.
Volunteer Registration for 2014-15
Rolesville Elementary School loves our volunteers!!! Please plan to reactivate your volunteer status or register to become a new volunteer by following the steps below.
- Volunteers can register at any WCPSS school on Mondays.
- System will be available daily from August 18-October 31, 2014 between 10 am-2 pm
- Volunteer system will be available on Mondays only between November 3, 2014-May 18, 2015 (The system will be closed on the following Mondays: December 22, 2014, December 29, 2014, and January 19, 2015)
Visit the link below to view Wake County’s policy for bullying and more information about bullying: